Interested in making your own vegan soy candles but don’t know where to start? Work with Jo Macfarlane, Leading Scottish Chandler here at Candle Towers, the only candle making workshop in the UK on the East Coast of Scotland. Learn all the skills of candle making.
You can now learn candle making online on one of the three courses offered globally.
Have fun, learning a new skill making candles at your own candle making workshop held in small groups of 4. Learn more about how to make a vegan candle here.
I work with luxury hotels, event managers and weddings in London and across Scotland to create Private Label candles. ‘scent the moment Scent the memory’ if you would like to work together please give me a call on 03332420342 or email me at email@example.com
- WHO – So I am a highly driven creative with an insatiable appetite for learning and sharing knowledge.
- WHAT– I am a candle maker who runs Jo Macfarlane candle school™ workshops and passionate about helping people build a candle business from their kitchen table.
- WHY – To empower people to learn new skills.
Get a peek
behind the scenes
FEATURES, PRESS & AWARDS
- Shortlisted for Fife Chamber Greenest Business 2020
- Plastic free champion awarded for the effort to reduce single use plastics in the business.
- Finalist Best Women Awards London 2019
- Attended House of Lords as a guest of The Lord Young of Graffam in March for Afternoon Tea to celebrate 100 Women Led Businesses in the #ialso Campaign run by Fentrepreneur. Read more here on Linkedin
- A finalist for ‘Best Multi Channel’ Business with The Smalls Awards in Marylebone London.
- I was invited to celebrate International Women’s Day at The Corinthia Hotel in London alongside 19 other Inspirational Women through F Entrepreneur Top 100
- In 2017 I won one of the Small Business Saturday 100 places, alongside 8 other Scottish Businesses. We attended Number 10 Downing Street for a reception. Read about how you can take part here. Small Business Saturday
- In June I was at the House Of Lords for Lord Young of Grafton’s summer reception. As guest of the Small Business Charter.
- I attended a reception with the Chancellor of the Exchequer at Number 11 Downing Street in December.
- I won Small Business Sunday with Theo Paphitis, ‘Women on Wednesday’ with Jacqueline Gold and a handful of other Social Media Awards.
- I have had paintings exhibited in galleries in Edinburgh and Glasgow, and even appeared on the TV show Magpie for a series (ahem who???).
- Published in Elsewhere, a poetry book by Karen T Brown with tiny illustrations.
WHEN NOT MAKING CANDLES AT CANDLE TOWERS
Jo can be found running Marathons, Duathlon’s, skydiving, skiing, cycling and taking part in Triathlons – Read her embarrassing Triathlon Newbie Report here
She has just finished Swimming the distance of 22 miles for the Aspire Charity. Virtual English Channel open water, a challenge she swam virtually in her local pool in 2018 too. With a voracious appetite for reading she completed 100 books in a year challenge in 2016 and undertaking it again in 2020. Download her recommended Reading list.
Jo will be publishing her own inspirational book in the next few months.
I'm supporting the Woodland Trust my new chosen charity
I previously supported Speepur.
Here are a few items I helped purchase.
Would you like the luxury of freedom to work from home with flexible hours?
Tired of your corporate job and looking to unleash your hidden talent?
I help women create a business from their kitchen table in 3 months.
Not sure where to start and think if you don’t take action soon you’ll be in the same place this time next year?
Ignite your creativity in my step by step course to build a business you have always dreamed of.