The Benefits of creating a Side Hustle
In today’s dynamic and ever changing flexible world, the concept of a side hustle has gained popularity offering individuals many benefits beyond their primary occupations. A side hustle is often a passion or skill pursued alongside a full-time job. Proven to be more than just an extra source of income. Use my 5-9 Method® when starting out – it’s not for the long term. It involves getting up at 5am, work on your side hustle until your day job starts at 9am. Work your day job 9-5pm then work on your side hustle 5pm – 9pm then sleep until 5am.
- Financial: One of the most popular benefits of having a side hustle is the potential for additional income. Combine creativity, craftsmanship, and commercial potential. Starting a candle business as a side hustle can not only provide an outlet for your creativity but also offer a possibility to financial independence. A side hustle can supplement your primary income,
- Define your niche: Begin by identifying your niche within the candle market. Are you drawn to classic, scented candles, or do you have a unique concept in mind, such as personalised or nestled in a pottery container. Are you planning selling online or going to events.
- Passion: Many side hustles stem from personal passions and interests which makes candle-making perfect if you already have a candle addiction or just love being creative in your spare time. A side hustle provides an avenue to channel your creativity and passion. This contributes to personal happiness and well-being. You have to be passionate about what you do – don’t do it purely for the money
- Branding: Develop a strong brand identity for your candle business. Choose a memorable business name, design a captivating logo, and create cohesive branding across all platforms. Pay attention to packaging, as it plays a crucial role in attracting customers. Invest in eco-friendly packaging.
- Quality Ingredients: Invest in high-quality materials for your candles. My business is a Vegan business and customers definitely search me out as a result. This includes choosing the right wax, fragrance oils, wicks, and containers. Quality materials contribute to the overall appeal of your candles.
- Legals: Registering your business, and insurance, and adhering to safety regulations. This ensures that your candle business operates legally and builds trust with customers.
- Marketing: Think about how you are going to market your candle business. Use social media advertising, influencer collaborations, and participate in local markets, craft and trade fairs. In this digital age, an online presence is essential for business success. Create a user-friendly website like Shopify or a third party site to showcase your candles. Utilise social media platforms to build a community around your brand, people buy from people and will love to hear your personal story, sharing behind-the-scenes, customer testimonials, and engaging with your audience.
- Increased Job Satisfaction: A candle business side hustle allows you to take control of your professional and personal life and pursue a craft that aligns with your values and interests. Having the flexibility in your day, week, year and month is so empowering. As your candle business grows there will come a tipping point where you consider working on your candle business full time.